Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Liebster Award!


It is like the chain letter of blogging, and I am a winner! I was so surprised to see that I was one of the luckies that Julie decided to pass the award along to. At first, the skeptical side of me wanted to do a bit of searching to see just what this award was. Is this real? But self, don't be ridiculous! (I say to myself.) Julie has an awesome blog and she chose me, and that is as real as real can be!

So there we go. Thank you Julie!

___________________

The Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and link your post to their blog.
List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you.
Create 11 more questions for your 9 nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers.
Comment on their blogs informing them of their Liebster Award nomination.

___________________

Facts about me:

1. I really want to re-read The Little House on the Prairie books, except that I can't get it for free on my kindle, and I don't have a library membership.

2. I'll drink my coffee when it is either hot or after it has gone completely cold. Lukewarm coffee bothers me though.

3. My confirmation name is Theda. Or maybe it is actually Theta. I don't know if it is more terrible that I don't remember or more terrible that the confirmation teacher let me get away with that one.

4. I recently found out that my mother's father didn't have a middle name, and my husband's mother's father didn't have a middle name.

5. Here is a list of things I remember winning in life:
    - a box of crayons for a coloring contest in which I used a cotton ball for a bunny's tail
    - a medal for jumping rope for the longest time of a whole gymful of little girls at a Jump Rope for Heart event
    - a math bowl trophy and medal (I think our 8th grade team got 3rd in the 9th grade math bowl?)
    - some t-shirts from Toothpaste for Dinner because the first time I tried slacklining I was wearing a TfD shirt, and so I submitted the photo to a photo contest they had
    - this Liebster Award!

6. I spent two summers as a nanny for my little cousins. My aunt likes to joke that I potty-trained both of her kids, one each summer.

7. I also knew every word to The Lorax after those summers.

8. And at one point in my life, I could perfectly mimic the anti-smoking radio commercial that started off with: "I used to love cigarette ads. The cowboy sitting tall on his horse, riding off into the sunset. Then the cowboy died. How do I know this? His name was ___ ____, and he was my brother. [...]"

9. When I ride a bicycle, I always start with my left foot on the pedal first. If I try to start out with the right foot, it is really challenging and I almost fall over.

10. See that book called Bob's Big Book of Waltzes? I took that photo! I was pretty excited when asked if they could use my photo(:

11. I keep deodorant in my office. Smartest move ever, because sometimes you just forget before you head out of the house in the morning.

___________________

Questions from Julie:

1. What is your favorite part of the day?
    A 9 am sunrise in Sweden is a pretty nice time of day.

2. What is your favorite cereal?
    Oatmeal Squares (miss them dearly, in Sweden I eat a lot of müsli crunchy)

3. Are you named after anyone?
    Not that I know of.

4. What is your dream career?
    Obviously the one I am doing now! But if a law banned me from space science, then I'd migrate to a contra dance related career. For sure.

5. Where is your favorite place on earth?
    Lake Willoughby in northern Vermont.
    Or, in Alaska at the auroral observatory they have these glass domes in the roof, usually meant to put a camera under, but under one of them they installed this little bench, and that was a really nice cozy little place for viewing aurora.

6. What is your least favorite fashion trend right now and why?
    peplum. I actually kind of think it can look quite cute, but I hate the word, and also there is a link-up called 'Everybody, Everywhere' which was started to show how different people style the staples that nearly everyone would have in their wardrobe, and one month everyone was trying to vote for peplum, which I had to google since it was a word I had never heard of, which, in my mind makes it the exact opposite of a staple. Anyhow.

7. Morning person or night owl?
    Neither really? I just really like to sleep a lot and rarely see early mornings or late nights.

8. What is your guilty pleasure?
    I don't even know how to answer this question. Sometimes I just eat candy as a meal, but I rarely feel guilty about that.

9. Would you like to have lived in any other decade?
   No. I do like to talk about my desire to be an old world woman, but basically this involves bringing my favorite aspects of other decades into this one.

10. How did you and your best friend meet?
    Too many best friends, so I'll just choose my favorite story: On one of my first days of college I complimented Malory's shoelaces, "I like your shoelaces." And she said "thanks" and walked away. And we probably didn't talk again for several weeks.

11. What is your most cherished possession?
    my wedding rings, which were Greg's grandmother's

___________________

NOW

Questions for my nominees:

1. What is the best book you've read lately?

2. Do you have a favorite painting/piece of artwork, and if so, what is it?

3. How do you feel about Tuesday?

4. Do you have any wilderness survival skills, and if so, what are they?

5. How many (and which) languages do you speak?

6. Got any funny stories you'd like to share?

7. What is the weirdest recipe you've made and loved?

8. Are you right-handed or left-handed?

9. What would be your ideal vacation?

10. What is the age from which you have your earliest memory?

11. Can you separate an egg without using some sort of man-made egg separator?

___________________

(phew, getting so close to the end of this, my longest blog post ever in the world)

Those I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award (also, I will not at all be offended if you are not interested in making your own big long post like this. But either way, I still wanted to let you know that your blogging is appreciated. Also, if you are not one of these people but feel like answering any of those questions in the comment section, I'd be all in favor of that)!

1. Natalie

2. Sarah

3. Julie

4. Sara

5. Ana

6. Mary

7. Jenny

8. Allison

9. Sarah


1 comment: