Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Arrival in Alaska

My arrival in Alaska was largely uneventful. And uneventful travel is largely a good thing, except when you want your blog posts to be more interesting. I haven't taken any photos yet either, so again my blogging is uninteresting. Things are pretty chilly and dark, although we do get a few hours of sunlight. I was under the impression that we would have zero hours of sunlight, and just a few hours of twilight. It is incredibly dry here though. The humidity in my apartment is 16% and the humidity in the assembly building is 10.3%. In Hanover the humidity is 64%.
We ate dinner at Pike's Landing. The landing is on a river that cars drive on in the winter. Apparently a car went through just a few weeks ago, so we were a little surprised to see someone using the "ice bridge" while we were eating. Also, our waitress asked, "why is it that when you whistle the aurora come and dance around you?" This was after she asked us if the really cold weather made the aurora stop dancing. Please don't ever ask me these questions.

1 comment: