Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Inventing ways to occupy my time

Day 3 has arrived and still the NASA guys are not ready for me. I think we are getting very close. Various mustached men keep telling me that progress is being made, or that I will get to do something soon. Both are very encouraging. It is also encouraging to see that people are actually working in our bay today.

Yesterday after work I just went home to cook in my Paradise. Jim called me and invited me over, so I went to the main house and finally got to meet Jean. They are both really lovely people. The first thing Jean said to me was that I really looked like a Meghan, and I appreciated that. We had a glass of wine and talked about an assortment of things which did not include politics, which I also appreciated.

I was also warned of a possible 'nor-easter' which basically involves the water rising up to tire level. I asked if that meant the tops of the tires or the bottoms and they said bottoms, so that is good. Plus the house is on stilts, so I don't think I have anything to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment