Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Needle felting!

One of my Christmas gifts this year was a needle felting kit, which I was really excited about. I had never tried this craft before December, which is really a shame, because it is a good bit of fun. Plus you can make super cute things:)

DSC_6672

DSC_6671

Meet my elephant! He occupied a good portion of my yesterday and got his ears attached this morning. I'm still considering adding a little tail to him, but I don't yet have the skills necessary to make something so tiny. He also might get some little eyes or some tusks. We shall see!

If anyone has any great ideas for things that could be felted, do let me know!

EDIT: I hope this isn't poor form, but I'm updating this post from last week to include in Cari's Theme Thursday linkup! I mean.. it is a photo link-up, and the theme this week is 'craft' so I hardly feel like I have any other option when I have this nice elephant that I crafted and then did a photo shoot with. Right?

4 comments:

  1. It seems that even living so many miles away from each other, we're still picking up the same types of crafting as the other. :) I bought a needle felting kit earlier this fall and have not finished anything yet, but I'm super excited about my frog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I'd love to see a picture when you finish!

      Delete
  2. So so adorable. I'm always so curious about needle felting. I have no idea how it works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I'd recommend trying it if you felt inclined! It involves repeatedly stabbing unspun wool with a needle (just watch out for your fingers!).

      Delete