Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

hass please

Last week when I was at the grocery store I came across this guy!





It is an avocado! And it is huge!

Apparently this is a Florida Avocado, which has a lower fat content than a typical hass avocado (by weight, not by volume). The little sign in the grocery store said to choose one that had a smooth green skin, which was essentially all of them. I'm not really sure how to know if it is ripe or not, so I just went ahead and tasted it right away.

I had been planning to have avocado on toast, because that is a thing I've heard of. And I really like avocado. And toast is not bad. Then I remembered that avocado and a poached egg on toast is a thing, so I made that instead.


I can see why this would be a delicious thing. I am going to stick with my hass avocados though. This one wasn't terrible, and it might not have been ripe, but to me, it just tasted like a watered-down avocado. Maybe it would be good for making guacamole?

Sidenote: That was the most perfect poached egg I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment