Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weekend cooking #5: chili

And look at that, almost a whole week of posts focused on the foods I cooked over a weekend.

Here is the final item.

It is a delicious chili, that we ate with our fresh-out-of-the-oven bread.

Yum.

No recipe for this one folks. It is our own invention, which consists of tomatoes, many kinds of beans (including garbanzo, I love to add garbanzo), meat, onion, garlic, green bell pepper, jalapeños, chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and the secret ingredient: puréed pumpkin! The pumpkin adds a really nice sweetness and also makes the chili have a nice, thick texture. Since I had baked a pumpkin to get ready for some pies a little later, I had extra to use in the chili.

And in case you were wondering, this is the end of the food posts from the weekend. There will be no post about baking a pumpkin. Or the seeds. Because of course I baked those too.


No comments:

Post a Comment